Fire Extinguisher Inspections
Fire extinguisher inspections ensure your fire extinguishers are charged and properly maintained and can help minimize damage to your business and injuries to your employees and customers. I will come to your location and provide an annual/monthly inspection according to the State Fire Marshal and NFPA 10 Codes and regulations. All fire extinguisher inspections include but are not limited to:
- Check that the extinguisher is visible, unobstructed and has proper signage.
- Check that the extinguisher is at the proper mounting height.
- Remove the extinguisher from the hanger, bracket and or cabinet.
- Ensure that the mounting bracket and or cabinet is secure and properly mounted.
- Check the gauge for proper pressure, condition and compatibility with extinguisher.
- Examine the cylinder for dents, broken handles, levers and corrosion.
- Ensure the operating instructions are legible and facing forward.
- Check the last internal examination and hydrostatic test dates.
- Check condition of discharge horn and check for blockage. (creepy crawly nests)
- Examine valve opening for any sign of leakage, powder or foreign material.
- Break the tamper seal and remove the pull pin to ensure that it functions properly.
- Re-install the pull pin and replace with proper color coded tamper seal.
- Clean all exposed surfaces of the extinguisher and re-install unit in its proper place
Once the inspection is completed, extinguishers passing inspection will then be certified and a State of California certification tag will be attached which is good for 1 Year. Extinguishers not passing inspection because of deficiencies will be noted and recommendations for corrective action will be assessed. This may include recharging, 6 year maintenance, hydrostatic testing or replacement of the extinguisher.
Set up an appointment Today
For over a decade we have strived to be the Peninsula Best Fire Extinguisher Service Company.